3.29.2013

Quilt Auction

My friend's husband has cancer. And not the kind that he will ever be able to get rid of. It's more of a matter of how much time he might have left. They have 3 sweet young children. You can read more about them at Team Matt Johnson.  

I am auctioning off this quilt for them. They will get 100% of the proceeds from the sale. I will pay for the shipping of the quilt myself. I am hoping to bring more awareness to their plight and to help in the sale/auction of this quilt. 


It is 39" x 46" crib size. 


This quilt was made by me.


A close-up of the solid grey binding. Machine sewn onto the front and then hand stitched onto the backing.


the backing


The auction will close on April 5th, at midnight. 

I will announce the winner on April 6th.

Please leave your bid and a way to contact you in the comment section.  If I have no way to contact the highest bidder to mail the quilt to them, then I will contact the second highest bidder.

When the winner has been declared, as soon as the donation has been received to their charity Team Matt Johnson in the winner's name, and has been confirmed, then I will mail out the quilt right away.

I am willing to mail internationally.

11 comments:

Emilie said...

I bid $35!
eahern at live dot com

Jenny said...

$50- Raina Parsons

Lila said...

$60 bid - Lila Crotwell
Aiken, SC

Lila said...

I'll bid $60
crotwell2@bellsouth.net

Christina said...

Would you ship it to Canada?

Jenny said...

Yes! I will ship internationally

Mindy said...

I bid $65
daveandmindy@gmail.com

Jenny said...

Raina Parsons - $75

Erin said...

$150 - this is a great thing you're doing. My dad was the fortunate survivor of melanoma 4 times and it is a constant worry for me. I cannot imagine what they must be going through and my heart goes out to them..

Erin said...

*I forgot to to leave my email: eehooley@hotmail.com :)

Trails of Grace said...

Ooh my goodness, I missed this! I have missed reading your blog. I am thinking about getting started again. I hope you got more than $150 for that beautiful quilt.